- The Role of Metropolitan Cooperation and Administrative Capacity in Subnational Debt Dynamics: Evidence From Municipal Mexico. with Allyson Lucinda Benton, Public Budgeting and Finance, March 2017.
- The Impact of Parties and Elections on Municipal Debt Policy in Mexico with Allyson Benton, Governance, August 2016
- What encourages Cities to become Sustainable? Measuring the effectiveness of implementing local adaptation policies, with Edgar Ramírez de la Cruz , Journal of International Public Administration, March 2016, pp.718-728.
- Micro-Incentivesand Municipal Behavior: Political Decentralization and Fiscal Federalism inArgentina and Mexico, with Keith Revell, World Development, 77, January 2016, pg. 231–248.
- US Sub-national Governmental Response to the “Great Recession”: Implications forthe Equitable Distribution of the Costs and Benefits of Public Services, with Blue Wooldridge, International Review of Administrative Sciences September 3, 2015.
- State Building and Taxes in Latin America, Latin American Studies Review, 49 (3) September 2014, pg. 256-262.
- Explaining Borrowing Patterns of MexicanCities: The Case of the State of Guanajuato, (2013) Economic Alternatives, Issue 2, pg 75-87.
- Cities as New Institutional Conduits for Diplomacy, (2012) Public Administration and Review 73(1) pg 211-213.
- Fiscal Federalism in Latin America: From Entitlements to Markets by Eduardo Wiesner,(2008) Public Budgeting and Finance 28(4) pg 111–113.